8/29/2007

Family Reunion 2007

For at least twenty-two years, the Nunnink family has been reuniting for a weekend of camping and just plain old fun. It's been many places over the years (I don't think we're welcome back in the little town of Washington), but no matter where, we're just happy to be together.
The family has grown to 80+, and that includes Pa, his 12 children and their spouses, grandchildren and their families, and great grandchildren.
This year we went to Lodgepole Campground, off of Hwy 80, by Lake Valley Reservoir. Nice close spot for those who weren't able to stay the night.
Here's a picture of Lori, Bobby, and Ryan. They appear to be looking at her...she must have been entertaining the crowd with one of her many hilarious stories, some of which I shall not repeat. She has a great laugh...one which kept many of us awake one year in Caribou.
This is Brian and Ellie. It kinda looks like they're part of a traveling circus, but a very talented one.
Naida and Meredith did a little kayaking on the reservoir, as well as many other family members. I know I had a picture of Michele in one, but I think it's lost in my computer somewhere.
It was a great time, as usual, even though it was a smaller crowd. Looking forward to next year and you can bet I'll have my s'more goods ready.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Highlights this year:
Poop stories
Witnessing-people-getting-hit-by-cars-stories
Watching Lily and Sierra, twin drama queens, having a heavy discussion
Phillip's bottle trick
Gary's legs mysteriously collapsing beneath him
Your cookies
And the best was Tom flipping the kayak
~Michele

Seester Patti said...

Highlights!
Watching all the cute young ones having so much fun.
Watching all the cute old ones having so much fun.
Watching all the old ugly ones having so much fun.
Saturday night dinner.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday snacks everyone shared!
Enjoyed spending time with everyone!! Am looking forward to next year. Some day.....Blue Lake!

Seester Patti said...

Forgot to mention what a beautiful daughter and daughter-in law you have!

Anonymous said...

Hey aunt Tracy! Love those pics! Did you get one of me stuck in the very middle of the lake all by myself? Meredith was a poo and ditched me! haha! Good times...
~MAdeline

Tracie said...

Michele - Great highlights! I wish I had pictures of Lily and Sierra, in the midst of their big discussion, and one of Tom flipping the kayak. Wasn't even able to witness either one in person. Gary was the entertainment for the potluck. If I had taken a picture of Phillip, I would have shown the world his trick.

Seester Patti- I know what you mean about the watching thing. I could sit and watch people having fun, without having to participate myself. I won't ask who the old ugly ones you're referring to.
The Saturday night potluck was yummy, as usual.
Blue Lake, yes! We'll lure them with showers, flush toilets, and a a semi-decent road. We could make it the Caribou substitute - only closer.

Madeline- No, I didn't get a picture of you two. Meredith retold me the story and it totally reminded me of myself. I did a similar 'panic' move when I was 17 and on a horse that wouldn't stop. It was heading for a low branch, at full speed, and I thought I was gonna die. What did I do? Let go and fell off...getting knocked out and broke my toe. Don't real cowgirls wear sandals when they ride? Haven't been on a horse since.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Ouch, I don't think that I would ride a horse again either! I broke my toe once and it was sooooo painfull! Great story aunt Tracy! Although it was kinda scary being stuck in the middle of the lake, it was a very funny story! ~Madeline

Anonymous said...

the only thing missing was ME!!! I don't know how I'm not considered a Nunnink.... I'm a sister to one...I live under one... I worked with one for years..... Heck I even sparked farts with a couple of them in highschool... SO, Yeah.... I'm looking forward to next year too... ha!

Tracie said...

OK, OK, OK...stop your whining Terri, you can squeeze in with us. You know everyone loves you and between you, Michele and Lori, we will laugh nonstop. Start thinking about what food you'll bring to share. Maybe you and the Nunnink you 'sparked' with can relive old times.

Tracie said...

Hey Madeline, I would have been way scared also. See, now you have a great story to share next year!