7/23/2007

While the cat's away...

...the mice will play; and that we did. Meredith, Terri, and I went to Kellye's house to vacation for the afternoon, while she was away in Palm Springs. Pretended like we owned the place. (Look at the spectacular paint job by two certain painters, that shall remain nameless.)
Check out this view from the house. Not only is the yard a gardener's dream, the vineyard is beautiful and from another angle you can see the valley. Off to the right, away from the house and pool, is a winery that fits in with the whole lovely theme. (Another friend, Todd B., built it.)
It's always fun going to Kellye's, especially when she's there. Great hostess, funny sense of humor, and a wonderful friend - not to mention her plentiful snack drawer.

12 Comments:

fun_is_always_in_style said...

Great fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would've been sucking up to Kelley way more had I seen this. What a great property, and her sink isn't scummy. She's the whole package. (Her cat's a little bit scary, though.)
~Michele

Tracie said...

Hi Jennifer- It is so nice and relaxing there. She also has some speakers hidden in the shrubbery for some great listening. (missed you at the wedding)

Hey Michele- It's never too late to be Kellye's friend. Very easy to love, even though her house is always spotless - something that's foreign to me. No, no, no...her kitty is sooo sweet. I want to steal her!

Anonymous said...

Tracie, tracie , tracie...
I do thank you for telling everyone that this is Kellyes house... you know how i love to stay out of the spotlight.
Wine is always good on that patio too! And sometimes in the pool itself.
NO Michelle..I don't have a problem!!!

Tracie said...

Terri- You're welcome- I hope she doesn't get a rush of reservations and limit our time with her.
Um...I wouldn't know personally about the other issue. Is there a hose straight from the winery?

Anonymous said...

Tracie, Terri, and Meredith- glad you all had fun- I want to play next time! Love you all !! P.S. Look what I can do! (I found your blogg all by myself)

Tracie said...

Is this Miss Kellye? You found this without Terri's help? BIG GIRL! Yes, indeed. You simply must be there to make it complete! I'll bring snacks.

Anonymous said...

oops.......I was so excited I forgot who I was!!!!Yes it is me Kellye...Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Kellye is a nerd!
I actually think she is a closet blogger.

Tracie said...

Shhh, please don't discourage her. It takes baby-steps. What shall we introduce her to next? How's her email skills?

Anonymous said...

Tracie, please tell your younger sister that we would like to taste the really good stuff that she kept all to herself. Tell Kellye that we did appreciate our visit when Jere and Darlene we here in October........D

Tracie said...

Yooohooooo, Terri- Dad is sending you a message. Is he calling you stingy? Probably not, but I think he wants another trip to Kellye's. She'll want you to do a cannonball,ya know.