6/11/2007

Greek Frittata

My friend, Carol K, made a version of this while we were camping a few years ago. If you are serving a bunch of dainty eaters, this could feed four. I just ate half and might go back for more. Good with toast or placed on top a toasted bagel. Sometimes I use different veggies -depends what's on hand. It's also good with pesto, lightly spread on after the eggs are cooked.

Saute over medium heat in olive oil:
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red or green bell pepper
1 zucchini - sliced
handful of pine nuts

Reduce heat and add:
3 cloves of garlic - pressed
1 cup chopped spinach
Cook until spinach is wilty.

Lightly whip 2 eggs in bowl and add a splash of water. Pour over veggies. Sprinkle with feta cheese and sliced kalamata olives. Cover and cook 10-12 minutes.

7 Comments:

Sadie Lou said...

Nice recipie! Where does the glue gun come in?

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a dinner some night this week. Yummerinski. ~ Michele

Tracie said...

Hey Sadie- I used it to keep the olives in place.

Michele- I wish I could make this for dinner, but my kids turn their noses up at the sight of it.

Anonymous said...

I'm making this tonight while I'm felting...
Toodles,
Margo

fun_is_always_in_style said...

Wow! Your background is neat. I copied my template to my hard drive or whatever this weekend, but still couldn't get the nerve to change to a new template. What I'm really wanting currently is a third column.
I'm going to link to you if you're ok with that.
jf

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure you dont need to worry about your kids... they'll find something else... say cereal... meanwhile you'll have a yummy dinner for you and all about you. Maybe even save a bite for Tom. Who knows the sky's the limit. Also my advice is leave the glue gun out of it.. hold the olives in one hand and the...hmmm.. what did you call it again? Well it's in the other hand.... one bite of one and one bite of the other.. it's easy. Geez..my advice is endless...
BTW where is my apron? This advice isn't free ya know.

Tracie said...

Margo Vee! Don't forget you were also going to make the ric-rac flowers. They could be a garnish for the frittata.

jf- Thanks gal. Yes, you may link to me, silly. I did yours without asking permission...is that bad form? When I was experimenting with other templates, I kept previewing before saving. Definately lost things on some.

Ms. Anonymous Pants- Yeah, yeah, yeah...your apron's in the mail. Couldn't remember - was it the Holly Hobby fabric you liked best?
Thanks for the advice.