6/29/2007

Felted Pillow Top

I don't know if I'm more excited that I have a new pillow or the fact that I've finished a project I started last September. This was my second attempt to knit something. The first was a scarf and both were done with the basic knit stitch. Very easy. Can't remember how many stitches were cast on -a lot. I used black wool yarn and a thin one that had flecks of color every few inches. It was enormous before I washed it about five times. Good thing it didn't have to be a certain size because it didn't come out square like I thought it would.
Here's a close up - lots of fun colors.
I made a custom pillow form since it was such an unusual size. Instead of using fabric, I made it out of batting and stuffed it. Came out very smooth, not lumpy.
Maybe now I can justify starting a new project. Let me see....

10 Comments:

Mellie said...

Well with all the fat heads that you have in your home these days, this should come in quite handy, wouldn't you say? Tracie, you never stop amazing me with all of your cool talents. Cute and crafy--what a way to be.

Anonymous said...

I really, really like it because it looks like it's from the 50s. It also looks cozy.
~Michele PS Tap-tap.

Alicia said...

Just beautiful.....Nice job!!!!! You are very busy these days.....
Alicia

Tracie said...

Miss Mellie- Thank you gal. You could do everything I do! Yes, I can picture sleeping large heads on it, with druel seeping into the wool. Thankfully, I know it's washable.

My Michele- I'll write your name on the back of it in permanant marker to make sure you get it. Thanks, I'm glad you likey. Does sorta look like it's from the 50s.

Alicia- Thank you from one crafter to another. I might just have to post about my beautiful gift from you. Then, you can post on yours how you made it. Sound fair?

Sadie Lou said...

It looks like confetti. Great design. I love pillows! I hate how couch pillows always end up on the floor.

Tracie said...

Sadie- Thanks. It's like a party for your head.

fun_is_always_in_style said...

It turned out great & isn't it gratifying to finish one of those lingering projects? I have a pair of mittens still not completed begun summer 2004 - a veritible monkey on my back. I feel like wringing my hands just thinking of them in the back of that closet, in their bag...oh well! I'll think about that later.

Tracie said...

Hi Jennifer - Yes, it is. You always make me laugh! One solution for the mittens would be to lose them. I've thrown projects away that have hung around too long, without getting finished.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you tell me you were making this beautiful pilla? I thought you told me everything! Tell Michele you can't tap tap something unless you are there to actually touch it... HA!! Let's just see who touches it first to have the real tap tap. AND another thing.. a tap tap is a bus in Haiti.. geez doesn't she know anything?
I'm still upset with all the secrets.. no more!

Tracie said...

I'm sure I told you waaaaay back last fall when I got the top finished. You must have a bit of forgetfulness, too.
Maybe next time when I tell you I'm knitting a pilla while sitting in a yella chair, under the winda, you'll pay attention!
You and Michele can arm wrestle for it.